JEFFREY S. EVANS & ASSOCIATES
AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Your bid constitutes a legally binding contract. By bidding with Jeffrey S. Evans & Associates either directly or through another online auction provider (e.g. Live Auctioneers), you are agreeing to abide by all associated auction terms and conditions.
1. The auctioneer reserves the right to reopen bidding on a sold lot (under extreme circumstances only) and is the sole determinant concerning all bid disputes and the final authority in regard to all auction terms and conditions.
2. Lots won by bidding in person, by telephone bid, or by absentee bidding directly with Jeffrey S. Evans & Associates are subject to a 17% buyer's premium, discounted to 15% for cash or check purchases. Lots won by "Live" Internet bidding are subject to a 20% buyer's premium. Lots won by absentee bidding through Live Auctioneers are subject to a 20% buyer's premium. The 20% "Live" Internet/Live Auctioneers buyer's premium is not eligible for discount.
3. Unless exempted by law, all purchases are subject to a 5% VA state sales tax (this is also applicable to out-of-state buyers who pick up their purchases in VA).
4. VA law requires that all dealers have a valid, signed VA Dept. of Taxation Sales & Use Tax Certificate of Exemption on file with us (required per auction for non-VA dealers).
5. Regarding ABSENTEE BIDDING and TELEPHONE BIDDING (this information does NOT apply to absentee bids submitted through Live Auctioneers, LLC):
a. These services are offered as a courtesy, at no additional cost to the bidder. We are not responsible for errors or unexecuted absentee or phone bids. Our online absentee bidding is powered by Auction Flex. No service fee is imposed on lots won by absentee bidding through jeffreysevans.com/Auction Flex.
b. Non-Internet bids: If you do not have Internet access, you may fax, mail, or hand-deliver bids to us and we will enter the bids on your behalf. Non-Internet bids must include the auction date and a signed statement indicating that you accept all terms and conditions of the auction. You may call 540.434.3939, ext. 141 to request an absentee bid form. Note: Your local library may provide internet access for free, or for a nominal fee.
c. All absentee bids must be in written form. We cannot accept verbal absentee bids. Submitted bids that are not commensurate with our standard bid increments will be rounded up to the correct bid increment.
d. Check your lot number! If you bid on the incorrect lot and win, you are liable for payment. When we enter bids for you, we refer to lot numbers only; however, if we notice a discrepancy between a lot number and item description, we will attempt to contact you to clarify. If it is not possible to confirm your intent, we will not execute your bid(s).
e. Absentee bidders may be in competition with various "live" bidders. "Live" bidders may include "floor" or "in-house" bidders (bidding in person at our auction gallery), Internet bidders (bidding in real time via computer) or telephone bidders (bidding in real time via telephone).
f. All absentee bids are processed competitively with other absentee bids. In the event of identical absentee bids, the earliest received takes priority. Note: This is only coordinated between two tied absentee bids, and not between an absentee bid and a "live" bid, therefore it is possible that a "live" bidder could win a lot for the same bid amount you placed prior to the auction (it depends on where that bid increment falls during live bidding on the lot).
g. Absentee bids placed in person at our gallery are accepted at any time prior to the sale of the item. The deadline for all other absentee bids (internet, mailed and faxed bids) is two hours prior to the start of the auction.
h. All Telephone bids are subject to a minimum opening bid of $250 per lot and must be arranged by 12:00 p.m. Eastern, the day before the auction.
i. We will notify all successful bidders, including Live Auctioneers winners, by email or phone within 2 business days of the sale (e.g. Tuesday following Saturday auction). Winning bidders must contact us within 6 business days of the close of the auction to confirm receipt of invoice and to make arrangements for payment and shipping or pick up.
j. PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 5 BUSINESS DAYS OF THE DATE OF YOUR INVOICE. If you have requested that we pack and ship for you, payment in full is due within 5 business days of the date of your final invoice, which will include the cost of packing, shipping and insurance. Requests for our packing/shipping service must be made within 6 business days of the close of the sale. PLEASE MAIL PAYMENTS TO OUR POST OFFICE BOX.
k. See our BUYING webpage for additional auction terms and other important information.
6. Once an item is sold to an in-house bidder, the buyer assumes full risk and responsibility for said item.
7. Items purchased in person at our gallery must be paid in full on the date of sale, unless other arrangements have been pre-approved by an authorized representative of Jeffrey S. Evans & Assoc.
8. Each returned check is subject to a $50.00 service charge.
9. Accounts that are unpaid after 30 days of the sale date will be subject to a 2% monthly finance charge.
10. The buyer is liable for all fees/costs associated with the collection of balances due, including attorney's fees.
11. Unless pre-arranged with Jeffrey S. Evans & Assoc., any merchandise not removed within two weeks of the sale date is subject to a storage fee; any merchandise not removed within 60 days of the sale date is considered abandoned.
12. Refunds will be given at the sole discretion of the auctioneer and will only be considered on lots that are determined not to be authentic or have major damage or significant restorations/repairs that were not outlined in the condition report. Lots cataloged without circa dates are not guaranteed as to age. Additionally:
a. All rugs are sold strictly "as is" with no guarantees as to age or condition. No refunds will be accepted on rugs.
b. Refunds in regard to condition for items purchased in person at the gallery must be requested before those items are removed from the gallery.
c. All refund requests must be RECEIVED within 25 days of the sale. Requests in regard to authenticity must also include at least one supporting written and signed statement from an authority recognized by the auctioneer. Note: Your timeliness and type of payment (uncertified checks are held for 10 business days before we ship) directly affect the time allowed for a refund transaction.
d. Absolutely no refunds will be made after 25 days of the sale date.
e. Do not return any item until a refund authorization has been obtained from Jeffrey S. Evans & Associates.
13. Additional conditions of sale apply as noted on our website and/or as announced by the auctioneer prior to the auction.
14. These terms and conditions, as well as the respective rights and obligations hereunder, shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. The purchaser shall be deemed to have consented to the jurisdiction of the state courts of, and the federal courts sitting in, the Commonwealth of Virginia.
CATALOGUE INFORMATION & OUR GUARANTEE
GLASS & LIGHTING AUCTIONS:
1. All catalogue descriptions are guaranteed to be accurate in the matter of authenticity, condition and measurements unless otherwise noted in the catalogue description. Measurements are guaranteed to be accurate to within one inch.
2. We are very meticulous in our description of the condition of each piece. Many of the minor flaws that we note are perfectly acceptable and do not detract from the item's desirability or value. We do not consider light wear, small manufacturing flaws, glass impurities or lightly tinted glass to be notable flaws.
3. If you are a bidder who demands flawlessness, it is recommended that you examine the item(s) in person, or have a trusted representative inspect the item(s) on your behalf.
4. Lamps are measured to the top of the collar and are without burners and chimneys unless otherwise noted.
5. All requests for additional information will be accepted until 24 hours prior to the start of the auction.
6. The auctioneer reserves the right to make verbal corrections and provide additional information from the auction block at the time of sale. Absentee bids will not be executed on lots found to be other than as described in the catalogue unless one of our representatives has personally conveyed the updated catalogue description to the absentee bidder. The bidder will then have the option to alter or cancel the original absentee bid.
JEFFREY S. EVANS & ASSOCIATES, INC.
Auctioneers, Appraisers, Brokers, Consultants & Collections Management
VAF #555 VAF #782
2177 Green Valley Lane
Mt. Crawford, Virginia 22841
Payments & general correspondence should be sent to:
P. O. Box 2638
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Visit www.jeffreysevans.com for auction schedule and additional information, and to sign up for email notification of upcoming auctions and events.
SATURDAY, MARCH 27, 2010
Catalogued Auction of Important Kerosene Lighting
Auction begins at 9:30 a.m. EDT
March 24-25-26, 2010 from 10:00 a/.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT
March 27, 2010 from 8:00 a.m. EDT until end of auction
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN OUR AUCTIONS!